Andrew Wakefield’s New Study of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Primates
Is This the Real Reason He and His Previous Work are Being Vilified?
Dr. Andrew Wakefield and other respected scientists have been working on a historic vaccine study which looks at differences in development and health outcomes in vaccinated and unvaccinated primates, following the same vaccine schedule which millions of babies follow today.
Could the results of this study, which are about to be published, be the real reason why members of the medical/vaccine establishment, aided by the media, have gone all-out to discredit Dr. Andrew Wakefield?
Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey think so, and it seems they are not alone in this opinion.
Below are highlights of a statement they wrote about the study and the media's vilification of Dr. Wakefield. These are direct quotes taken from their statement, "Andrew Wakefield, Scientific Censorship, and Fourteen Monkeys", as published at Generation Rescue.
Dr. Andrew Wakefield is being discredited to prevent an historic study from being published that for the first time looks at vaccinated versus unvaccinated primates and compares health outcomes, with potentially devastating consequences for vaccine makers and public health officials.
It is our most sincere belief that Dr. Wakefield and parents of children with autism around the world are being subjected to a remarkable media campaign engineered by vaccine manufacturers reporting on the retraction of a paper published in The Lancet in 1998 by Dr. Wakefield and his colleagues.
Here is a summary of the major points from "Andrew Wakefield, Scientific Censorship, and Fourteen Monkeys."
- England's General Medical Council [is] a kangaroo court where public health officials in the pocket of vaccine makers served as judge and jury.
- Dr. Wakefield strenuously denies all the findings of the GMC and plans a vigorous appeal.
- Despite rampant misreporting, Dr. Wakefield's original paper regarding 12 children with severe bowel disease and autism never rendered any judgment whatsoever on whether or not vaccines cause autism.
- Dr. Wakefield is the co-author, along with eight other distinguished scientists from institutions like the University of Pittsburgh, the University of Kentucky, and the University of Washington, of a set of studies that explore the topic of vaccinated versus unvaccinated neurological outcomes using monkeys.
- The first phase of this monkey study was published three months ago in the prestigious medical journal Neurotoxicology.
- The results [of the study] ... were disturbing. Vaccinated monkeys, unlike their unvaccinated peers, suffered the loss of many reflexes that are critical for survival.
- Dr. Wakefield and his scientific colleagues are on the brink of publishing their entire study, which followed the monkeys through the U.S. childhood vaccine schedule over a multi-year period. It is our understanding that the difference in outcome for the vaccinated monkeys versus the unvaccinated controls is both stark and devastating.
- The fallout from the study for vaccine makers and public health officials could be severe. Having denied the possibility of the vaccine-autism connection for so long while profiting immensely from a recent boom in vaccine sales around the world, it's no surprise that they would seek to repress this important work.
- Behind the scenes, the pressure to keep the work of Dr. Wakefield and his colleagues from being published is immense, and growing every day. Medical journals take extreme risk of backlash in publishing any studies that question the safety of the vaccination program, no matter how well-designed and thorough the research might be.
- The press has been deeply misled in the way The Lancet retraction, and Dr. Wakefield's mock trial, have been characterized. Led by the pharmaceutical companies and their well-compensated spokespeople, Dr. Wakefield is being vilified through a well-orchestrated smear campaign designed to prevent this important new work from seeing the light of day.
The statement poses important questions:
What medical journal would want to step in front of this freight train? Moreover, why now, after 12 years of inaction, did The Lancet and GMC suddenly act? Is it coincidence that the monkey study is currently being submitted to medical journals for review and publication?
And suggests a question the media should be asking:
We urge the media to take a close look at the first phase of the monkey study discussed above and to start asking a very simple question: What was the final outcome of the 14 primates that were vaccinated using the U.S. vaccine schedule and how did that compare to the unvaccinated controls?
We agree with the statement's conclusion: "The work of Dr. Wakefield and his colleagues deserves to be shared with the world to further, rather than censor, scientific progress."
Sources:Andrew Wakefield, Scientific Censorship, and Fourteen Monkeys
Here you can read the entire statement.
Update: At on time, this link led to the research paper published in the medical journal Neurotoxicology describing the first phase of the fourteen monkeys study and its outcome. Unfortunately, at this time all you'll find here is the title of the research paper, the authors' names (Dr. Wakefield's among them), and the information that the article has been withdrawn. Fulfilled prediction?
[Hewitson L, et al. Delayed acquisition of neonatal reflexes in newborn primates receiving a thimerosal-containing Hepatitis B vaccine: Influence of gestational age and birth weight, Neurotoxicology (2009), doi:10.1016/j.neuro.2009.09.008]
Commentary by Mark Blaxill in Age of Autism on 14 monkeys study
Related Links:Wakefield's GMC case: Autism Organizations Support Dr. Wakefield
Dr. Wakefield and his compelling courage, as recounted by Barbara Loe Fisher
False Testimony: Wakefield's Accusers Accused of Lying at GMC Proceeding
The Mad Hatter Syndrome: Mercury and Biological Toxicity